FEW QUESTIONS ABOUT POLITICAL PARTICIPATION
By Josep C.Ibekwe
- Do you wish politics were a real game, where winners win with magnanimity, and losers lose with dignity?
- Do you wish politics were not about “They” versus “Us”?
- Do you wish politics could bring people together for a mutual exchange of ideas for development, instead of a war of words and accusations that breed hatred and divide the people?
- Do wish political party should be a platform to groom political leaders for the nation and not to groom enemies in the nation?
- Do you wish politics were about “give and take”, “turn by turn”; you are in power today, tomorrow another person is in power, yet people maintain mutual respect for each other?
- Do you wish politicians can learn to be a bit more tolerant of opposing views and opinions so as to enrich our knowledge of issues?
- Do you wish politics could go beyond mere ethnic and religious affiliations where individuals respect other peoples’ differences?
- Do you wish party politicians could recognize that development, at the national, state or local level, goes beyond party name and slogan, but has more to do with the character and vision of the leader in power, per time?
- Do you want to expand your political base and associate politicians of kindred political perspectives?
- Do you agree that Nigeria’s unity and political sanity is of critical importance?
- Are you ready to engage in a different kind of politics that builds rather than destroys individuals and systems?
I invite you to follow me on my blog as we explore, learn and interrogate political issues from a sane perspective
Welcome to #Josephonleadership